This plugin will give you the ability to pull up any (non-Super Admin) user and in one click add that user(with a global role) to all sites in your MU install. Likewise, if you want to remove a user from all sites it is one click as well. CAUTION: WordPress has an optional mechanism when deleting a user from a site that will allow you to assign that users posts to another user. I have ignored this for this release. Please take a DB backups until you are used to this plugin and Multi-Site.
Name: Multi-Site User Replicator 3000
Donate link: http://visiblecompany.com (here!)
Tags: user, multi-site, sites, mass edit,
Requires at least: 3.1 – Should work for previos versions.
Stable tag: Trunk
WP3.1 multisite “mu-plugin” that allows you to add a user to all sites or no sites. Just drop in mu-plugins.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
1. Upload `user-replicator-3000.php` to the `/wp-content/mu-plugins/` directory
2. Find “Multi-Site User Replicator 3000” options at the bottom of Network Admin->Edit User
Frequently Asked Questions
– Will this plugin re-assign the posts of the deleted user? Not Now.
– What will happen if I remove the plugin from the mu-plugins directory? Nothing. The users will still be assigned and the minimal data in the database will remain.
– Can you bulk update a group of users at a time, but not all? Not Now.
– The user has been deleted from some sites and I want to re-add to all. How do I do this? “Remove User From All Sites” and then “Add User to All Sites”
= 0.1 =
* initial release (Just a fledgling)